We want to have a voice in our community, to ensure cycling is also a priority for those in office. Check out some of our efforts below, and let us know if you'd like to join us!
Highway 3 Bicyclist Access and Amenities
- Work with TXDOT to improve bicycle facilities along roadway
- Advocate at least 5 foot bicycle lanes for cyclists and increased awareness for drivers at intersection of cyclists presence
- For more details, check out our dedicated Hwy 3 Advocacy page!
NASA Parkway Bicycle Shoulder Improvements
- Work with TXDOT and Harris County Commissioner's Office (Precinct 2) to ensure bicycle facilities are consistent along roadway
- Advocate for wider lanes or shared use path on NASA Parkway bridge across lake
El Dorado Blvd Cycling Facilities
- Advocated for the use of a shared use path (for cyclists in pedestrians) in locations where bicycle lanes can't be installed
- Improve connection of outdoor cycling activities through community by connecting the new Reserve at Clear Lake housing community with local schools, Exploration Green Park, etc.
Construction start in Winter 2018, completion by 2021.
Read project status from City of Houston's Community Engagement site.
Interested in learning about upcoming TXDoT projects?
Subscribe for TxDOT Updates: